108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Printer queue flag pages

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Zeiszler
Trusted Contributor

Printer queue flag pages

We have printer queues controled by DCPS, lpd, and scriptserver. The DCPS and Scriptserver queues require separator flag pages.

The script server queues were setup with "set queue/sep=flag". The DCPS queues were setup with the same command.

The dcps flags look different. They are the same as when we did the flag page setup in the dcps$execution queue creation.

example:
@sys$startup:dcps$execution_queue -
"queue_name" -
"Ip" -
"" -
"page_orientation=landscape" -
"/separate=(noflag,noburst,notrail)" -
"" -
"" -
""

So I am trying to find out where the different separator flag pages exist so I can force them to match.
3 REPLIES 3
John Gillings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Printer queue flag pages

Peter,

If you can speak raw postscript, as far as I can tell, the DCPS flag page is defined in LPS$$SYSTEMPAGES in the device control library (default SYS$SHARE:DCPS$DEVCTL.TLB). I believe the scriptserver module is the same name, but may be in a different library.

Note the "$$" in the name means "internal, undocumented and unsupported", so if you decide to play with it, make sure you have a copy to restore.

(BEWARE!, the contents look to me like someone tipped a bucket of random, almost English, words into a bucket of "/", "{" and "}" characters. And, being postscript, I have no doubt that a single character out of place will result in a tree's worth of paper being spat out of your printer printed with random heiroglyphics)

I haven't been able to work out where LPD hides its flag page definition.
A crucible of informative mistakes
Peter Zeiszler
Trusted Contributor

Thanks John

Since its unsupported and I NEVER want to deal with a postscript coding again I was able to have them except the flag pages as is.
Peter Zeiszler
Trusted Contributor

Closing thread