1748210 Members
4270 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Collgui doesn't start. .

Paul Johnson_11
Occasional Advisor

Collgui doesn't start. .

Have run collect for the first time, and saved the.cgz file in /tmp/collectdata/xx. System is 5.1Bpk4: setld'd Collgui from the Associated Products CD: Java rte 1.3.1-2 and Perl are installed, but launching "collgui -d /tmp/collectdata/collect0210.cgz" results in
"Starting init()
Finished UIcreate()
Collect command: yada-yada for six lines, then:
Leaving syncWithDataFile().
MainFrame.fireSummaryCgaged() - Called.
this last line is repeated 27/28 times then it goes no further. Any ideas,please, anyone?
Thanks,
pj
12 REPLIES 12
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Have you tried starting collgui without any parameters? You then can load the collected file. I prefer to analyze the output using text console (collect -p) of filter the data using cfilt.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Paul Johnson_11
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the fast response Ivan: I just ran it as you suggest, and a ps ef|grep Collgui shows it - and java as running, with what look to be correct, logical paths shown, but there's no output. I don't exctly know what to expect: a Netscape look-alike browser screen? or something like SysMan Station?
regards,
pj
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

It should open a sysman like interface. Ensure that your DISPLAY variable is correctly set.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Paul Johnson_11
Occasional Advisor

DISPLAY=localhost:0.0;export DISPLAY
Leon Strauss
Occasional Visitor

V5.1B-3 has some fixes for collect, and possibly for Java too. If you can, try it under V5.1B-3 and see if anything changes.

Hope this helps

leon
Balasubramanian S
Frequent Advisor

Hello, I guess you are running collgui from local system, if that is the case it is not required to set the DISPLAY.

Thanks,
-Bala S
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Can you post the o/p of "collgui -V"?
Paul Johnson_11
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys: Vesion 3.0 (build 12) - OSF1 V5.1 is the output. I'm running cygwin from an XP Pro desktop: and sorry - I should have said - it is B3.

Why not use exceed? That would let you export the display.
By the way, cygwin will not let you export unless you get the computer name from your pc..
Go to MyComputer
Right click
Properties
Computer Name Tab
Copy and paste your computer name.

Go to cygwin
export DISPLAY=computername:0.
collgui &

This should do it.

David