Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCR error in user log

SOLVED
Go to solution
Heathe Kyle Yeakley
Occasional Contributor

OCR error in user log

Hello, I have a system that generates the following error messages about every 5 seconds 24 hours a day:

Aug 22 12:26:08 syslog: OCR initialization failed accessing OCR device: PROC-26: Error while accessing the physical storage Operating System error [No such file or directory] [2]

I do not believe this is a break-in attempt or anything malicious. I think someone tried to install some hardware and did not configure it properly.

Does anyone know how I can find the source of this error and fix it?
1 REPLY
Kasper Haitsma
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: OCR error in user log

Hi,

OCR can mean several things:
- Optical Character Recognition
- Oracle Configuration Repository

I guess it is the Oracle one, but that's just a guess.

The error seen, Operating System error[2], means:

- file not found.

So the process tries to access some physical storage, but cannot find it (anymore).

Hope this helps
It depends