1752806 Members
5882 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: removing ds10 environment variable

Ted Erhard

removing ds10 environment variable

Hi -

I have 4 ds10's I am configuring on a refurbishing project. One of them has variables ewa0_tftp_blocksize and ewb0_tftp_blocksize that are set to 1024. The other three ds10's do not have this variable. How do I remove these variables from the unique machine?

Thanks.
- Ted
3 REPLIES 3
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

set ewa0_tftp_blocksize "" like documented within the machine or srm documentation guide?

Also check if the firmware versions are identically, maybe it is a new variable within a newer release...
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Ted Erhard

I tried setting the ewa0_tftp_blocksize variable to zero, and "", and got the bad value message - only 512, 1024, 1450 are allowed. I tried to CLEAR the var, but it is protected.

Thanks for the idea about checking the versions. The unique machine is AlphaServer DS10 617 MHz Console V6.3-1 and the others are AlphaServer DS10 466 MHz Console V5.8-10, so i guess it is a new variable, and i will leave it alone.

Thanks . . . Ted

Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Ted,

update the other machines to newer firmware. It seems the given variable can not be deleted because it is used by a feature implemented in the new version.

Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }