Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752809 Members
6244 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lightscribe DVD

JIM M

Lightscribe DVD

I made made a command to remove my lightscribe dvd/cd on windows vista and now the Hp Media Center PC will not recogize it

4 REPLIES 4
Mark R. Hansen
Regular Advisor

Re: Lightscribe DVD

Jim, Are you saying that you uninstalled the drive in device manager? If so, you have removed the references to it that Windows needs to use the drive. A reboot should re-detect the drive. I assume that your Lightscribe software is still intact?
JIM M

It was one of those dumb things you find out, flying by things like that.

The microsoft flag said to unplug it and replug it. That didn't help. Rebooting didn't help. Finally, I went into the boot procedure, didn't do anything, saved it and then it seemed to work.

I do have another little problem, however. I bought a Laserjet P2015D (Great Printer). It was new and they didn't have the Vista drivers to go with my new HP so the tech gave me some others, which work but are not the right ones. I installed it using those but have never been able to install or use the right drivers. I get a message each time I start the computer that it is searching for the printer. I cancel it out and the printer works.

I have it hooked up to a USB port. I was never sure where it had to go or how much windows would recognize. Which Port should it be hooked up to?

I am buying Windows 7 and maybe that will take care of it. I never cared much about Vista. I went from 2000 Pro to XP Pro.

Thanks for your comments.

Jim
Mark R. Hansen
Regular Advisor

Jim, Since folks search for solutions to problems by the title of your posting, it is better to post problems separately. Also, when folks reply, they will only see the text of your original post for reference. It would seem that you should completely uninstall the printer. At least in XP, removing the printer from the control panel and then from device manager should do it. Then, unplug the printer from the USB connection and reboot. Then, reconnect the printer to a USB port that connects directly to the motherboard. The system should now detect the printer and ask for the correct driver.
JIM M

I am still having problems with the drive (Lightscribe DVD CD-writer) Although windows says it is working it will not recognize a cd or DVD. I downloaded a new HP drivers, self installing, but they never tell where they put the drivers. Is this a scsi drive?

Jim