1753613 Members
5989 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to turn on UID light?

RyanCampbell
Occasional Advisor

How to turn on UID light?

I have looked everywhere, but cannot find out how to turn on the UID light when logged into the server remotely. I've read many posts where people say they have done it, but they never say how. I guess it can be done though HP System Management, but how?
13 REPLIES 13
Feral Lewis

Re: How to turn on UID light?

I believe I did that under the system management homepage, tasks tab. may differ based on version of System Management Homepage.
Feral Lewis

I just looked it up on one of my servers, it has moved.

System Management homepage, System, Unit identification Device. set to on.

Hope that helps you
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

if you let us know which server you are taking about we can tell you how to do that depending on ilo version

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
RyanCampbell
Occasional Advisor

Ok, I checked both in the Tasks area and under System. I did not see an option for the UID light anywhere. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I am getting a timeout error when I load any page in System Management:

ERROR LOG (severity=2) Wed Sep 10 08:14:05 2008
UI Timeout (limit: 20s) -- Nav Load Time: 45s [breakdown: hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 0s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 1s || vcagent(HP Version Control Agent): 44s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 0s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]
RyanCampbell
Occasional Advisor

Also, this is on a DL360 G4 server.
RyanCampbell
Occasional Advisor

...I'm still looking for an answer to this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
RyanCampbell
Occasional Advisor

Is this some closely guarded secret? lol

I cannot figure this out. Everywhere I look leads to the idea that it can be done, but nobody every says exactly how. I know the light is there just for the purpose of remotely turning it on through software so that a technician can identify a server in a rack. I just want to know how to do it.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Does this help? Under the Tasks tab is a box labeled 'System' which has the option 'Set Unit Identification LED state.' See attached screenshot.

RyanCampbell
Occasional Advisor

On the server I am looking at, I do not see that option under System in the Tasks tab. The only option there is "Cooling and Temperature - Thermal Degraded Action". I did log into another server that was recently put into service and it does have the UID light option. Could this be a problem with the HP System Management software? I will try reloading it and see what happens.