1752780 Members
6601 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

UID Light is on

Ashok1
Visitor

UID Light is on

UID light is on. How can i off UID light locally in HP Proliant ML110 G7 Server?

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: UID Light is on

Hi,

Behind the server, there should be a small UID button with is blue in colour, press that button.

Pressing the UID button illuminates the blue UID LEDs on the front and rear panels. In a rack environment, this feature facilitates locating a server when moving between the front and rear of the rack.

Blue = Activated
Flashing blue = System being remotely managed
Off = Deactivated

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Ashok1
Visitor

Thanks for your reply

Flashing blue = System being remotely managed

But system is offline from past 1 or 2 years. How can i reset it locally? We want to reuse this server.

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Try clearing the NVRAM from the System Maintenance Switch.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Ashok1
Visitor

Flashing blue = System being remotely managed and nothing display on monitor (Black screen)

hardik007
Occasional Visitor

Press the UID Light it's button to on/off,

you can also doing from the ilo to blink the light for locating the server