ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752801 Members
5460 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Need dos driver for Smart Array 6i SCSI controller

Louis Veldhuizen

Need dos driver for Smart Array 6i SCSI controller

I want to create a ms-dos bootdisk with network and scsi support for imaging (Ghost) for my Proliant DL380 G4 with Smart Array 6i SCSI controller. Does anyone know where te get the dos driver for this SCSI controller? The driver of the MS-DOS SCSI Support Diskette 2.18A doesn't work with the Smart Array 6i SCSI controller.
Thanx,

Louis
2 REPLIES 2
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Re: Need dos driver for Smart Array 6i SCSI controller

Hi Louis:

MS-Dos will detect the drives and dosenot required a controller driver; there is no DOS driver for that controller.
However you can extract the below driver using winzip and you should get .sys file if that is what you required.

HP ProLiant Smart Array 5x and 6x Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Server 2003
version 5.62.0.32 (18 Aug 04)
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21374.html

You should not have to specify a driver for the storage controller; as long as there is a logical drive created ; dos will find the drives; try booting up with Fdisk from dos or windows 98 and it will detect your drives and partion info.

you might have to use different version of dos. try the 6.22 or 7. etc.

Best regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Yaniv Klinger
Occasional Advisor

Re: Need dos driver for Smart Array 6i SCSI controller

Hi louis,

I have a DAT72 tape connected to this machine, also with the Smart Array 6i controller.
The problem is pretty much the same, after loading a Ghost boot disk, I can see the SCSI .sys files in the config.sys are being loaded but they can't find anything connected.
I can see all the drives in the system except the DAT72, inside the Ghost application. Another thing is that Ghost Server 2003 installed on the machine can't see the tape also although I use it for NT Backup and it works fine.

Thanks,

Yaniv