Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message

Jose_115
Occasional Contributor

Error Message

Hello:

I have a 2 node cluster former by 2 HP Proliant DL760 G2 and a MSA500 Smart Array with 3 Hard disks.
I have installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server in both nodes. Now I have configured the shared disk (one node on and the shared disks on) and I get this message in the HP Array Configuration Utility. (I translate the message from Spanish to English :-)

# 772 The array controller has one or several batteries of the array accelerator failed or they have not enough tension.

The accelerator operations such as expansion, enlargement and migration will be suspended temporally till the batteries are charged, or in case or battery failure, till this one is replaced.

Any help about this message?

Thank you in advance.

Jose
1 REPLY
Doug de Werd
Honored Contributor

Re: Error Message

it sounds like the batteries in either the MSA500 or on the Smart 5i+ in the DL760 have a loose battery. they are held in place by small clips, which may be loose. remove the controller and check to see that the batteries are held in place tighly. If that doesn't work you will have to replace the batteries.

make sure to check the controlelrs in the MSA500 and also in the servers. The one in the server is integrated on the system board (not in a PCI slot)

Thanks,
Doug
Expert in ProLiant Clusters