Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure iLO

hoang.tran
Occasional Visitor

Configure iLO

Hi all,

I have DL380 G4 that I need to have iLO configured. I already have Advanced license for it. Do I need to have anything else besides IP/NM/etc.? Does it use any special network cable or just regular RJ45 straighthrough? Do I need any KVM over IP switch to use this? Since I can reboot the server, can I download the hpcfg util and configure it from there? Am I overlooking anything? Can someone point me to the right direction please? I've read and looked like I am required to boot the server up and press F8 to configure it. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for your help.
1 REPLY
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Configure iLO

hi

to make it easy you can test with a cable from a PC and server and configure your ilo and test once you now you can configure your normally

-------
just a RJ45 cable.

this says how to do it, page 14
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00209014/c00209014.pdf

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!