7507 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO amplifier and configuration baseline

Andrius_C8
Occasional Contributor

ILO amplifier and configuration baseline

Hi,

I am trying to make configuration baselines to work but I am missing something. I have Imported config baseline from existing server and I expect that could now comapre this agains other servers and get a report. But I cannot find such option. Firmware baseline works fine and I can get a report but I cannot see how I could do tha same for configuration. Anyone tryied this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: ILO amplifier and configuration baseline

Hi,

Please refer the link : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05384285

From Page Nm : 65

Let me know if this is useful or if anything else that you are looking for?

Thank you

KSRam

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Andrius_C8
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for input but the document does not cover how to create report based on configuration baseline.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

We see that the Configuration baseline is used to create / import the Server configuration settings and to restore it back on the Servers during Server system restore process.

We can only either Create or import and edit a configuration baseline from a server and use the same for Recovery Management.

Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

coldfire3000
Occasional Advisor

We were looking to try and do the same (obvious) thing, but found there is no such option which is disapointing. There seem to be quite a few things like this in Amplifier that are just not fully realised. You have gathered all of the info about the configuration of a server, you have given us the ability to create a configration baseline, why would you now allow us to compare server configurations against that baseline/each other? It is a useful feature! Please add this in a future release.

pirx
Valued Contributor

I can only agree with you.  I've looked into various functions of ILO-A and eihter they are just not working (no configuration baseline with >40 disks, alerts not send out), ot they are just useless. It seems this is a toll with a nice GUI but nobody really thought about what features would be helpful.

BjornM
Frequent Advisor

For some reason it seems when you create a new Baseline in Amplifier pack, you can only choose between 8 different settings for ILO that you could set .... compared to the many settings it's possible to set in ILO, thats seems to be a lacking feature.

I'd love to be able to make a baseline that contained a bunch of settings that i want configured on all ilo's discoverd/added to the appliance.

For instance Local users/rights, Directory groups/rights, SNMP/Trap locations and so on and so forth..... so far it seems none of those can be set through/using ILO Amplifier Pack.... unless i'm blind and not seeing something...

NikoP

We wanted to create users, directory access / AD, passwords and other ILO configurations too with the amplifier, but it looks like that is not working. These functions do really make sence for us. Or am I wrong?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @NikoP,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the "New Discussion" button so that the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo