Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752600 Members
5071 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Is there a Windows based software that I can use to Config Riloe II

Mike Zito

Is there a Windows based software that I can use to Config Riloe II

I need to be able to reset the passwords on our Riloe II boards at remote locations but cannot afford to shutdown the server to hit F8.
A user id and password was set on the boards before they shipped and the password doesn't seem to work on most of them.
I have another method of remote access (pcanywhere), is there a windows based riloe config I can use to access the riloe account when in Windows on the local machine?
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

Re: Is there a Windows based software that I can use to Config Riloe II

There used to be, but I hear it doesn't work at all with Riloe II and is unsupported on RILOE.

Sometimes when I set the passwords, I accidentally have caps lock on because I enabled it to login using the default password which is in all caps. Have you tried entering your expected password with caps lock on?
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. There is only 1 GUI based utility that I know of and it will only do certain things like Updating Firmware and active directory settings. There us a command line XML based commands that have worked well AFTER you configure the XML commands correctly.. Once you have it done you can then use Insight Manager 7 to "push" out the changes accross the board etc to all your management cards. The first step is to get the "sample Scripts" located at the below link and then use them.

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/ilobest-practice.html

You can get the HPLOMIG software at this link....

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/riloe2/downloads.html

Using a combination of the tools I was able to upgrade 130 RILO II's and completely configure them all remotely very quickly...
Remco_5

Hello All,

I have the same problem as the first poster. We have 150 boards installed in our servers. RILOE II, RILOE and iLo's. Some of these boards have unknown ID's with /unknown passwords.

There is no way to reset or recover these passwords, then rebooting the servers??

Help Please