108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO v1.50 and Java 1.4.2 mouse sync problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

iLO v1.50 and Java 1.4.2 mouse sync problem

After upgrading to iLO v1.50 and using JVM 1.4.2 (which 1.50 says it now supports) I have some serious mouse synchronization problems.

For most of the screen my local mouse and the server mouse are synchronized. However, when I get maybe 25% away from the top and left edges, my mouse jumps to outside the console window.

It appears that the JVM and the remote console aren't in sync with where my mouse is, and thus when JVM thinks my mouse when outside of the applet window, it makes the local pointer re-appear, and then I loose mouse control within the remote console session.

I haven't been a heavy iLO user before, but I don't ever remeber a mouse synchronization prolem before.

5 REPLIES 5
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

Re: iLO v1.50 and Java 1.4.2 mouse sync problem

It seems to be an intermittent problem. Sometimes it behaves fine, and sometimes it gets out of sync.
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor
Solution

The support for 1.4.2 is for Linux clients only. Use 1.3.1_02 or 09 for Windows. It works but you see some strange behavior w/ remote console.
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

Will HP support 1.4.2 for Windows anytime soon? Having all of these Java versions for all the HP is a huge configuration management mess.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Try using Remote console dual cursor mode. You will see crosshairs where the local mouse is and you can right-click-and-drag to synchronize them.

There's a utility for download from iLO best practices that optimizes mouse settings for remote console.

Terminal services pass through is another method available to iLO advanced for addressing this issue.
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

My preferred solution is to get HP off the 101 Java version bandwagon. Insight needs one version, some storage products want another, iLO wants something else, WebJetAdmin likes something else...

It's truly horrible. The instructor for one of my HP SAN classes commented on how horrible it was to deal with Java.