108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Manually Adding servers into SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Phil Savage
Occasional Advisor

Manually Adding servers into SIM

I have a strange problem where if I manually add two seperate systems (different IP, name everything) into SIM, the second system added assumes the NodeID of the first system entered.
When you search for ther Second device it cannot be found but when you search for the IP Address it displays the first entry you entered.
After Looking at the DataTables CIM_ComputerSystem the first system entered creates a unique NodeID but the second wone is not found. However in the IPAddress Datatable there are two entries for the same NodeID which are the correct IP Address for the two seperate devices. Has anyone seen thsi before. I am running Systems Insight Manager 5.0 with SP4 - Windows C.05.00.01.01
3 REPLIES 3
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

Ensure that your DNS and/or hosts files are accurate first. Then you can blow away the DNS cache on the SIM server by doing an ipconfig /flushdns.

Delete both nodes from SIM and then try to add them manually again (or use my favorite method, the directed "auto" discovery of one node at a time by IP address)

I've seen that happen before and it usually clears itself up.

Good luck.
"Did you get that memo?"
Dan Stebbins
Advisor
Solution

We had a similar problem caused by duplicate hostGUIDs at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Compaq Insight Agent\hostGUID. This can happen if images were used to install the OS. If this is the case, you can delete the value on one of the servers and then restart the agents. A new GUID will be created.
Phil Savage
Occasional Advisor

Giddy Up - That did the trick - Upon investigation the servers had been imaged, where one server was built from the other.