1751972 Members
4623 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Minor problem that won't go away

Phorward
Occasional Advisor

Minor problem that won't go away

I installed HP SIM 6.0 a month ago and I have a server that have a yellow exclamation mark as health status (Minor Problem).
The server is a DL380 G5 running VMware ESX4.
When I place the maouse pointer over it it gives these two error messages:
SNMP - There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference.
iLo - There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference.

I have looked through both System Management Homepage and iLO2 but everything is green and the logs don't tell me anything.

I have an identical server that had the same problem but on that one it disappeared after I cleared the logs.

I have tried resetting the iLO, rebooting the HP SIM server, removing the server from SIM and discovering it again, upgrading to SIM 6.1 but nothing of this have helped.
8 REPLIES 8
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Re: Minor problem that won't go away

You probably need to clear the IML logs in iLO.
Phorward
Occasional Advisor

I already tried that and it didn't help.
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Hmm sorry that did not help. How exactly the health status gets determined is a total mystery to me.

I assume the iLO itself in SIM also has the minor health status?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not sure if it's true of SNMP, but under some of the new wbem links you can disable a device that is reporting errors. E.g. an ILO that doesn't have a cable that you're not worried about.
The problem is that it doesn't seem to completely recognise the cleared status. So although the ovrall display seems to sho green if you drill down to the individual items they still display as a warning.
So I'd suggest drilling down into the various components to see if there's anything there.

I've also seen issues with the IML even though it looks to be clear. There is a utility to look at the IML directly on ESX - sorry can't recall what it is at the moment.
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Not sure about ESX, in Linux you can view the IML with
# hpasmcli -s 'show iml'
or
# hplog -v
Phorward
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help, unfortunately it still reports a Minor Problem.

I have checked all menus and submenus in Management Homepage and iLO and everything is green and OK everywhere.

The iLO itself shows no problem in SIM, it's only the server that reports a Minor Problem.

The hpasmcli and hplog commands does indeed work on ESX. The only thing they show on my server is one entry indicating that I have cleared the log.
Lars Oeschey
Advisor

I have exactly the same problem, with quite a few servers. Resetting iLO and rediscovering the servers didn't help a bit. In my case the iLO also is yellow, because it's set to passthrough.
George_Lane

I had the same problem on two DL360 G5 servers. In my case, upgrading the ILO2 firmware to the latest version (from 2.09 to 2.15) and then running a hardware status poll on both the server and the ILO resolved it.