6617 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SIM on a remote SQL 2017 server

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

SIM on a remote SQL 2017 server

Hello,

For the moment there is a need for an other SIM 7.6 server. I want to do a clean install on a WIndows 2016 server using a remote 2017 SQl server. This is not supported, there is a hotfix that fixes this but i can only install a hoxfix on a working SIM installation (right?) I do have the lastest hotfix but the installer complaints about the non supported SQL version. Do i first have to do al local install using de local install, run the hotfix and send the SQL admin the database ? Or is there an other way to do this ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
2 REPLIES 2
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

hello again,

I know what port's i need to open, the question is that if in run the DVD installer for SIM (used the INsight Control ISO Insight_Management_7.6_DVD_1_ZIP_December_2016_C6N31-11012)  i mentioned in the pre check (Insight Management Advisor) that the SQL 2016 database is not supported, is that why if i continue the SIM install failed and on the SQL side is see a Encryption is required to connect to this server but the client library does not support encryption; the connection has been closed. Please upgrade your client library error. The installer does not support the SQL but let's me continue. I can only install the hotfix for SQL 2019 support (does this also mean i can use a SQL 2017 server?) after a finished install of SIM.

Kind regards,

Andrew