Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no reference Support Pack on 2k3 64-bit and 2k3 Storage server

patlamhk
Frequent Advisor

no reference Support Pack on 2k3 64-bit and 2k3 Storage server

Hi,

On my 2k3 Server 64-bit and 2k3 Storage Server. I cannot select the Reference Support Pack on VCA and it just say "no inventory information is available to obtain a list of Support Packs from........"

The VCRM that I am pointing to is currently serving 2k & 2k3 server totally fine.

Could anyone give me a hand ?
5 REPLIES
Steve_576
Frequent Advisor

Re: no reference Support Pack on 2k3 64-bit and 2k3 Storage server

Not sure if this will help -

I just setup a 2k3R2SP2 64-bit system and had a similar issue. I updated the VCA on it to the latest version and now both VCA and VCRM are playing well together. So, you might making sure or manually updating the 64-bit system's VCA to the latest.

I also have a DL380G4 2k3R2SP2 STORAGE Server and have not been able to get the VCA and VCRM working together. It reports an invalid reference support pack. If I go to configure it, the only option is an xml file. I've tried selecting it as well as selecting nothing and no change. I have manually downloaded and applied all the HP updates and still no change.
Bengt Sjoberg
Frequent Advisor

For the 2k3 Storage server there is no Product Support Pack when using VCA. The Storage server has its own sort of support pack which you can find on the product pages. It has been suggested that it would be possible to made a custom Baseline for the storage server based on a "normal" 2003 PSP. I tried that without any success. It was possible to add it as a valid support pack but there was no difference in drivers installed shown in the VCA.
Mark Tew_1
Occasional Contributor

I just unpacked the 64bit psp to the repository and then selected upload support pack from the VCRM and pointed it to the respository.
patlamhk
Frequent Advisor

I moved the VCRM to a w2k 32bit server. Those VCA on 64bit server reporting the correct PSP now. But the storage server still saying no reference support pack.
JCAMackay
Occasional Advisor

My two bits for what it is worth... on most of my storage servers the drop-down selection field for the Reference Support Pack is empty....

1. You can expand the Service Release CD and within the expanded files is a PSP that can be imported into the VCM, however, this does not appear to contain a baseline for Storage Servers.

2. If you manually download and update your VCA to the latest version for your model/generation of storage server you will see the "Latest Version" column in the VCA, but, not the Support Pack Version.

3. After much playing around today I have found that if I create a custom reference support pack (Best to base it on the Latest Version column) then this now appears in the drop-down box for the Reference Support Pack and once selected will display the "Support Pack Version" column after a refresh within the VCA.

4. Guess I'll need to create one 32 and 64 bit versions....

The main point seems to be that there is no baseline for Storage Servers in the PSPs though.