3532 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Connection to StoreOnce in emergency situations

Tomasz79
Occasional Visitor

Connection to StoreOnce in emergency situations

Hello everyone,

I am reverting documentation and unfortunatelly I do not find any answer for my concern.

Could you provide, what are the options to connect to StoreOnce array in emergency situation like lost network connection.
For example how can I connect to array by serial terminal connection from laptop or any other way to check array configuration and resolve issues with network connection.

3 REPLIES 3
sradomsky
Advisor

Re: Connection to StoreOnce in emergency situations

Your best option would be to call HPE support and let the engineers handle it.     

Preventive action would be to have the Storeonce ilo configured and know it's IP address and credentials.   As long as the server has power (is plugged in) and the ilo cable is connected to your network, you can get in and get status, and even power on the Storeonce if it is not on for some reason.  We had to do this recently during all the storms in Texas.  We have ilo on a separate network from our usual one, so the troubleshooting is limited to just that small network.

There is an internal network switch in the Storeonce, and it might be possible to reverse engineer a connection directly into the internal network, but the addresses used in the internal network are not published, and I doubt that DHCP is active on the internal network.

rwhitaker.cr
HPE Pro

Hello @Tomasz79 

Thanks for using HPE StoreOnce Community Forum.

StoreOnce offers iLO connection for emergency/remote connectivity.  If the iLO is already configured and you know the IP address, you can direct connect a laptop via Ethernet cable and setup your laptop IP address to an IP of same subnet to gain connectivity and access iLO settings and/or StoreOnce console to diagnose/maintain.

Hope that helps.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Tomasz79
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for your answers.