Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReflectionX problem

Ajith Hegde
Occasional Contributor

ReflectionX problem

Hi to all,
Can any one suggest link to download ReflectionX? n How to configure reflectionX for HP-UX from my Windows Machine..?? I have downloaded reflectionX 9. Whenever i try to run tat, i asks for KeyAccess Software..??Actually What is the KeyAccess..??Why it needs..??
Can any 1 help me...??
Thanks in Advance..
5 REPLIES
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: ReflectionX problem

I assume that the KeyAccess is the license required to run this proprietary software. In other words, you give them money, they give you a key that makes the software work.

Pete

Pete
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Hi!!

You can download Reflections for Windows from the Attachmate website. This is only a trial version, good for 60 days. You will have to contact a software vendor for a licensed version. I just did this, and it's fairly painless.

Hope this helps.

ron
Should have been an astronaut.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

How about a solution for free?

Install a X server on your pc (e.g. XMing) and connect to your server via putty

putty -X

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

All Reflection programs are commercial products (they must be purchased, therefore a key is required). Do you want an Xwindow product or just a terminal emulator? Putty is a good emulator (much, much smaller than Xwindows) and QCTerm is the best (free) HP terminal emulator.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Highlighted
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Ajith also asked his question in a windows forum:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-XP/ReflectionX/m-p/4169630