Application Integration
1752754 Members
4881 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Citrix Xen Server SR_Backend_failure_47

toothache71

Citrix Xen Server SR_Backend_failure_47

after migrating all of our VM's from the PoC device to our new CS215 with no issues of creating Volumes and attaching the SR in Citrix. When following the same process to the new device XC now reports that the newly created SR (Volume) will not attach. Initially it will connect to one of the xen hosts but not the Master. If I detach it then reattach it then it fails completely to either host.

When i do a cli "iscsiadm -m node --loginall=all"

the results are: vol-test-v5cf5212b17e4221c.0000000c.4b110337, portal: 10.0.0.50,3260]:

iscsiadm: initiator reported error (19 - encountered non-retryable iSCSI login failure)

This is strange as out of the box PoC just worked no problems. all existig Nimble Voulmes show the status that both xen hosts are connected to their relevant Volumes.

Any help much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Not applicable

Re: Citrix Xen Server SR_Backend_failure_47

resolved, my mistake as I didn't look closely at the existing Volumes setup. Which has 'Multiple Initiator Access' checked.

I just assumed the explanation that it was for VMware and MS Clusters didnt apply to Citrix Pools. I just the Intro Course as well, I should of asked that question, perhaps it could be included in the course to cover more Citrix users.