108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

vCenter Plugin registered but receive error

SOLVED
Go to solution
andrewsmart85
Occasional Advisor

vCenter Plugin registered but receive error

I have registered the vCenter plugin, but when opening the vCenter client, then selecting my Nimble group tab, it loads, but there is an error message that reads: Unable to connect to the server."

I see the page, but it does not see any volumes, and I cannot add any either.

See attached screenshot.

2015-11-03 15_17_09-News.png

8 REPLIES 8
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Re: vCenter Plugin registered but receive error

Does your other Nimble plugin (titled Nimble CORP) work as expected?

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
andrewsmart85
Occasional Advisor

No. That is another brand new array, that isn't fully configured. We are new to Nimble. Does this plugin support fiber channel? We aren't using iSCSI.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

The vCenter plugin works the same regardless of the connectivity method of iSCSI or FC.

Have you ensured that the user account you provisioned as part of the vCenter plugin in the Nimble UI has full credentials for access? It might be worth looking at the User Roles & Groups function of vCenter and hunt out the Nimble roles to ensure you have the correct access.

Also, make sure you have "desktop experience" enabled on the server if you're on Windows 2012 - VMWare Plugin, Windows 2012 and Flash Player not loading.

I'd also try disconnecting the plugin and reconnecting it within the UI (shut down the VI client before you do so).

Is this system a DR system? Does the vCenter server have access to this system over the correct VLAN and routing is all ok, as it says it cannot connect to the plugin which resides on the Nimble controller.

If none of the above resolve the error i'd recommend opening a support case (support@nimblestorage.com) and also reaching out to your local Nimble SE - these forums are not an official route for support of Nimble platforms, and are community supported.

Finally, are you using Nimble 2.3 or 2.2? If these are new systems i'd recommend using NimbleOS 2.3, which you can request from support.

Nick Dyer
andrewsmart85
Occasional Advisor

The account is a full admin (and I made sure the Nimble roles are checked.)

vCenter server is MS Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.

The Nimble version is 2.2.8.0.

andrewsmart85
Occasional Advisor

I have also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the plugin, using both FQDNS and IP address. This is not a DR system. It is connecting across the WAN, but all routes should be ok. The Nimble CORP plugin is also not working, which is on the same network/vlan as the vCenter server.

andrewsmart85
Occasional Advisor

I have opened a ticket, but hadn't received a response yet. I figured I'd give this a shot while I wait. Thanks for your help.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Try upgrading NimbleOS to 2.3.7.0.... you'll need to request the systems be whitelisted by Support which is easy enough.

Nick Dyer
andrewsmart85
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I just heard from Nimble, and the issue was that I registered it via IP, but was accessing the vCenter server through the vSphere client by hostname.

After connecting to the vCenter server through the client by IP, it worked like a charm!