Array Performance and Data Protection
1748151 Members
3810 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Change snapshot warning limit on replicated volume?

SOLVED
Go to solution
james_c_stein42
Occasional Advisor

Change snapshot warning limit on replicated volume?

I've got a volume being replicated to another Nimble array. When I created the original volume I had the snapshot warning limit set to 50%. After the first month I realized with my snapshot retention policy and frequency that 50% wasn't going to be high enough so I changed it to 65%.

The replicated volume on the other array however is continuing to warn me that the snapshots are over the configured warning limit of 50%. On the replication partner I can't find a way to change that limit, it would seem like it should pick up that I changed the limit on the source array but it isn't.

Is there any way to stop the warnings other than deleting the replicated volume and recreating it?

3 REPLIES 3
pdavies34
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Change snapshot warning limit on replicated volume?

James,

Has the retention for the replicated volume had chance to expire for the snapshot(s) for which you had originally set 50% as the limit? 

As you set this to 50% when you first created the Volume Collection, these settings would have been replicated to the downstream volume and wouldn't automatically change when you changed the VolCol (65% limit) on the upstream volume, this limit would change for all replicas from this moment forward but not for things that had already been replicated, they would only change when the last snapshot with those original properties had expired.

So if the original setting have not yet expired with retention, you will still get warnings of a 50% limit until they do expire.

If you believe they have expired, then I'd call support to investigate further.

I hope this makes sense?

Phil

james_c_stein42
Occasional Advisor

I believe it has. However, I am not 100% sure. I just changed it again today and in 30 days I'll know for sure. Thanks for the response.

james_c_stein42
Occasional Advisor

The warnings did indeed stop once the older snapshots expired. Thanks.