108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VIB for esxi 5.5, 5.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
vmw9
Frequent Advisor

VIB for esxi 5.5, 5.1

what vib do I need to install on esxi 5.5 or 5.1 to connect to the cs240?

Do I need the NCS or the PSP vib?

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
jwhyte119
Advisor

Re: VIB for esxi 5.5, 5.1

Hi Tony,

Best practice would be to use both the NCS and the PSP.

NCS is the Nimble Connection Service which does path discovery and login.  This automates and optimises the number of connections between the ESX host and the Nimble array.

PSP is the Nimble load balancing plugin (NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED).  It is used to set the load balancing policy to distribute IO across paths that are set up by NCS.

Cheers,

John

vmw9
Frequent Advisor

hi

The iscsi luns are showing up as mounted under the iscsi hba but they are not showing up as datastores. any idea?

jwhyte119
Advisor
Solution

Hi Tony,

Were these LUNs previously attached or formatted with VMFS elsewhere?  If the disks already have a signature, but that signature was not recognised by vCenter/ESX, then it will take some time for the devices to appear when you browse Storage --> Add Storage

A VMWare setting called VMFS.UnresolvedVolumeLiveCheck (enabled by default) ensures that an unknown datastore is not receiving IO from another host before ESX will allow it to be configured.  You can either wait for the LUN to appear (could take 10 minutes), or if you are certain that the datastore is not in use on another host, you can change the VMFS.UnresolvedVolumeLiveCheck setting to disabled.  Now when you say, add datastore, the disk will appear very quickly.

You will then have the option to resignature the disk or keep existing signature... and I believe to create a new datastore.

Cheers,

John