BladeSystem - General
1748165 Members
3877 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL P-Class server power issue

Andy Orthun

BL P-Class server power issue

My BL P-Class server power supplies are having an issue. I have 2 power inclosures with 4 x 3 Phase 220 going in.

The bottom right 3 power supplies (4,5,6) show "Check Input" when viewing them through the ILO of one of the servers. I checked the Power comming out of the recepticle and its good.

If all power supplies that I've tested are installed in bays 4,5,6 the chassis still shows as them as not powered on and to check input.

Andy
2 REPLIES 2
Lawrance Lee_1
HPE Pro

Re: BL P-Class server power issue

Are you sure that the 3 phase power is correctly wired for the power supplies 4, 5 & 6? Being 3 phase, it may be possible that the wiring was not done correctly. Have you tried plugging in the side with power supply modules 1, 2 & 3 into the circuit which is feeding 4, 5 & 6?

Have you logged in to the management module at the back of the 3U power enclosure?

You will need a 9 pin serial cable and a computer (laptop) that has a serial port in order to view the logs on the management module. It might explain why you are seeing this error message. I have not come across this error message before.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Andy Orthun

Re: BL P-Class server power issue

Fixed the problem - It turns out that the power enclosure was bad! Replaced it and everything works!

Thanks,

Andy