108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL460c ILO

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

BL460c ILO

Hi I have to congifugre ILO of a newly installed BL460c server. The cable came with the server dont have RJ45 connector so that i cant access it through IP address which is the way to access ILO on a normal bl20p server. Please help me how can i access the ILO through console cable.
3 REPLIES 3
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Shahzad,
To connect to the server blade using iLO 2, install the server blade in an enclosure. Onboard Administrator assigns an IP address to enable iLO 2 connectivity to the server blade.

Regards,
James.
faulkkev
Occasional Contributor

either use the ebipa in the onboard administrator to auto assign ip's by bay or manually attach the ilo adapter to the front of each server and manually setup the ilo2 ip for the blade. I set mine up manually using the ilo adapter and a crash cart (monitor kb etc on wheels). the ip's for the blades ilo2 need to be on the same vlan for the OA to manage them through the OA keep that in mind.
Jasiel
Occasional Advisor

Hello all,

The thing is that if the iLO's Configuration Utility (RBSU) has the DHCP option DISABLED, the Onboard Administrator will not be able to assign an IP since the Onboard Administrator / EBIPA is an override of the iLo's BIOS DHCP settings.

Regards,

Jasiel