1748170 Members
4229 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade Performance

Ron Kehrob

Blade Performance

I am a complete NOOB with blades but I was hoping somebody would be able to answer some performance related questions.
The company I work for recently purchased a used c7000 enclosure with 16 BL465c's 2 GbE2c interconnects and 2 Onboard Administrator modules.

I set-up blade 16 with ESXi running one Windows DC and a Linux TFTP server. Performance is awful. I tried installing some of the other blades from the TFTP server and it took for ever so I tried building another VM (from TFTP)on the ESXi (to avoid going out over the GbE2c) and it took just as long!
Am I missing some critical piece?

-Ron
5 REPLIES 5
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Welcome Ron,

The first questions you are about to be asked are.

1. What do you have in your Interconnect Bays?
2. What firmware levels are you at for OA, iLO, System ROM/BIOS, and if appropriate, Virtual Connect Manager.

Dave.
Ron Kehrob

The interconnect bays have GbE2c's

iLO Firmware is: 1.77

OA Firware is: 1.30

-Ron
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi Ron,

Sorry I missed the IC modules in your orig post. I'm a VC man myself, so I will leave it for others to comment on you performance issues.

As for the firmware, both are fairly old.

iLO is now at 1.79, and OA is 2.60.

You should probably look to upgrade to these latest versions to eliminate any F/W related causes.

OA can be found at

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3692952&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=1844065&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2082

iLO and sys/Bios can be found by following

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-001&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=241641&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_page=hpcomтМй=en&cc=us

HTH

Dave
Ron Kehrob

OK, all firmware & BIOS have been updated to latest version and still SLOW performance???

--Ron
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Have fixed speed in blade nics or in switchports ? Set them to auto neg.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi