1752797 Members
5873 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C7000 LDAP Authentication

Joe Camilleri
Occasional Advisor

C7000 LDAP Authentication

I've seen a number of posting regarding this but have not been able to find details regarding LDAP authentication without AD Integration. In my situation I am able to get users authenticated to LDAP but the authorization is failing. I am not using Active Directory. The LDAP system is SUN DSEE7. When checking the logs I found the following message

SRCH base="uid=testusr,ou=people,dc=hp,dc=com" scope=0 filter="(objectClass=user)" attrs="memberOf groupmembership"
[28/Jun/2010:11:11:40 -0400] conn=6471 op=1 msgId=2 - RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=0 etime=0

So the search returned zero entries. Why is objectclass=user being searched ? This object class is not a standard objectclass with Sun dsee7. Is there a way to change the objectclass ? If not what does the objectclass=user schema look like ?
3 REPLIES 3
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Joe,

Have you applied the HP schema extensions? This might be the best option considering your directory server.
Joe Camilleri
Occasional Advisor

No I have not installed any extensions. Where do I get them from and will they work with Sun dsee7 ?
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Check this guide, page 142:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00553302/c00553302.pdf

It only explicitly states support for schema extensions in AD and eDirectory, so I can't be sure you will have success with Sun DS.

You might also be interested in checking out:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00190541/c00190541.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

This guide is specifically for AD but beginning on page 11 there are some helpful tips and technical information related to problematic iLO2 logins.

Good luck Joe, if you appreciate the answers we appreciate the points!