108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IPM received a management processor error message

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

IPM received a management processor error message

The following error, "IPM received a management processor error message", is showing up frequently from my enclosures.
If I open the message it says:

Insight Power Manager received an error message from the system`s management processor

Onboard Administrator Error Response: 139 (Not a valid request while running in standby mode.)

The OBA firmware is 2.25

What needs to be corrected to eliminate these errors.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
karim h
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Chris
I have the same issue, i'm not sure that much can be done -

A workaround would be to create a new Task associated to this IPM message and set it to Clear these events automatically.

1. Go to Options - Automatic Event Handling - New Task
2. Specify and rule name, click next
3. select where Event Type is Insight Power Manager Events > IPM received a management processor error message AND severity is Minor
4. Apply it to an Onboard Administrators collection
5. Action - Clear event

OA's have a "ROLE" attribute that specifies whether it's ACTIVE or STANDBY but you cannot access this property for the purposes of creating a Collection. Maybe in the future HP will extend system collections to include more attributes

If anyone knows of a proper fix, please let me know..
karim h
Valued Contributor

Update:

HP has released an advisory addressing this error:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01634613тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=1844065&prodTypeId=3709945

Upgrade to IPM version 2.0.

Hi All,

I am getting frequently this error message from some of the c7000 enclosure, I am using OA Version 2.33, SIM 5.2 with SP2 please help me to isolate this issue.

Best Regards,
Abdul.