BladeSystem - General
1752822 Members
4220 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P-class blade power problem

Phil Corbett

P-class blade power problem

I have several p-class blades two BL35p and four bl25p-g3 that suddenly started to have problems powering on. When powered on they immediately shut off. The following message is shown in the IML "Server Blade Enclosure Inadequate Power To Power On: Lost Redundant Power". I removed all the blades from the enclosure except for the failing units and still got the same message. I upgraded the power managment card firmware to 2.40, and still have the same problem. Tried putting the failing units into a different slot, same problem. Anyone have any suggestions??
3 REPLIES 3
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Re: P-class blade power problem

Phil Corbett

The systems already have ILO version 1.92 installed. The only strange thing I noticed is the ILO date/time is no longer set on the ILO.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

I would first check the power redundancy status through the console of the power management module.

Is the enclosure management module f/w at 2.40 as well? Is this problem occurring to some BL35p or BL25p? Have you tried complete power recycle of the rack?

It maybe a case that the iLO of the blade is not able to talk to the enclosure management module to get the power redundancy status.