1752795 Members
5873 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Switch connection

SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

Switch connection

I'm connecting server blade nic 1 & 2 via HP blade encloser C7000 inter connecting bay 1 & 2 into two cisco layyer 3 switches. Do I need to make configuration on OA (On-board Administration). When I connecto both nic from both inter connecting bay to same one switch, it work fine. But when connection from inter conneting bay 2 connect with another switch 2, it doesn't work.Even LED of the switch and interconnecting bay nic port doesn't glow. Kindly advise
4 REPLIES 4
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

What type of modules do you have in Interconnect Bays 1 and 2?
SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

I've installed HP 1Gb Ethernet Pass thru module for C-class blade system in both inter connecting bay 1& 2.
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

are you using teaming of the network cards? in that case what teaming type are you using?

The HP Passwthrough 1GB is only 1gb not 100/1000. So if switch 2 is a 10/100 switch or is a gigabit switch and has any setting other than Auto or 1000 Full on the port it won't connect.
SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I'm using HP teaming software for teaming two inbuilt network card. And I'm connecting cat6 between HP 1Gb ethernet passthrou card and two Cisco Gigabit switches. I'll give you detail model of cisco switch later. What I need to do ?