1753768 Members
4988 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Update Virtual Connect Manager in a stacked environment

Robert Cook_6
Frequent Advisor

Update Virtual Connect Manager in a stacked environment

I have two c7000 enclosures with Flex-10 modules. I have connected the two enclosures via the Flex-10's in a "stacked" environment. I need to update Virtual Connect Manager. When I use vcsu to update one of the Flex-10's it gives me an error saying I have to do all of them at once. If I do all of them at once will this cause a network outage? My current versions are OA=3.00 VCM=2.32 Want to go to OA=3.11 VCM=3.01

Thanks,

Bob
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthor C Clark
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Bob,

When I use the VCSU Stacked or otherwise it always copies the FW to one of the modules updates it and fails to the next to update it. There shouldn't be a need to take them down two at once. Especially if you're stacked on both sides.

Can you attach a screenshot of the error maybe?

Dan
Robert Cook_6
Frequent Advisor

Dan,
This is a production environment so I can't recreate the output until this Sunday. The command I used from my laptop on the network was:

"vcsa -a update -i 10.11.2.150 -u Administrator -p xxxxx -vcu Administrator -vcp xxxxx -l c:\firmware\vcfwall301.bin -b 1".

Now that I read the help on the command it appears that I should not have used the "-b 1" parameter.

Bob
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthor C Clark
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Are You using the latest support utility ? You could try the interactive mode from it.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Robert Cook_6
Frequent Advisor

I believe it is the latest Version 1.5.0. I have not tried it in interactive mode. My concern is that I will take both c7000 enclosures off the network when I do the update. Do you know if it is smart enough to keep the network up?

Bob
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

1.5.1 is the latest. By default (interactive mode) will reboot modules parallel so there should always be network. Of course if You have not created redundant networks the situation is different
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi