3753 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Error 3Com 2928-SFP Plus

Nenday
Visitor

Error 3Com 2928-SFP Plus

Hi all,

I have 3Com Baseline Switch 2928-SFP Plus - 3CRBSG2893.

My problem is the switch is getting power led blinking always, then when i put a utp cable to computer there is no led indicator for the port.

I put the console cable from the switch and connect to my serial port in my pc then its show this.

*                                                                                                                  *

*           3COM 2928-SFP Plus BOOTROM, Version 119*

*                                                                                                                  *

Creation Date                : Feb 3 2010

CPU L1 Cache               : 32KB

CPU Clock Speed          : 333MHz

Memory Size                 : 128MB

Flash Size                       : 128MB

CPLD Version                : 002

PCB Version                  : Ver. B

Mac Address                  : 20FDF1D6A904

Application program does not exist.

Please input Boot Rom password

Please where I can found the Boot Rom Password and how I can handle that problem. 

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
DIYO
HPE Pro

Re: Error 3Com 2928-SFP Plus

Hello Nenday,

the switch is not booting (no application file, apparently the flash has been formatted or is corrupt). You need contact the HPE support team for a boot rom password (they might ask for a poof of purchase).

Regards

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Nenday
Visitor

Hello Sir, 

thanks for your help, could you please share where I can contact HP Support or open a ticket ?? 

Probably difficult to find any proof of purchase as this switch bought since 10 years or more by a ship manufacturer company to use in our ship. 

Regards.

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Nenday,

You might be ok with that.  A lot of our switches had lifetime support.

Please look here for a local support number and we can generate a password for you:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

Regards,

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
JMGD

Hi I would like to know if this was solved because I am facing the same issue as well., I have contacted HPE chat hoping this would be easy but at frist they said that they didnt support 3com products but after telling them the item had an HP sticker and product code he asked for them and when I gave it he said they didnt have any record for the item, I bought the switch from a seller and he could no longer find the original receipt, I bought this item so I could use it for a structured cabling renovation for my office and now this happened. Is it still possible to ask help from HPE with regard to the bootrom password? 

DIYO
HPE Pro

Hello JMGD,

if a boot rom password is set and the device is not booting  (please start a console connection to the device and observe th eboot process) there is no way of accessing the switch, so you need to contact the support team. They would not necessarily ask for a PoP, so I would try.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo