1752576 Members
3834 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP A5500-48G-PoE+ EI Switch re-stacking using CX4 modules

MarcoRios

HP A5500-48G-PoE+ EI Switch re-stacking using CX4 modules

Hello,

I have a pair of HP A5500-48G-PoE+ EI Switches that were previously stacked together but, one of them (switch 1) failed and was physically subsituted by another one that I am trying to configure.

I have the last configuration file of switch, so I can upload it to the device and theoretically, should bring things to the original state, but id does not recognize switch 2.

They are already conneted using the CX4 interfaces (Jd360b)

Apparently IRF ports are disabled:

display irf configuration
MemberID NewID IRF-Port1 IRF-Port2
      1                1        disable     disable

How do I enable IRF ports?

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP A5500-48G-PoE+ EI Switch re-stacking using CX4 modules

Hi @MarcoRios could you post the output of display irf and display irf topology CLI commands?

The switch that failed had the IRF Master role (Was the one with the highest IRF Priority between the two you had?)?

It's not so clear from your initial description (did it failed the IRF Master or the Slave?)...was the display irf configuration CLI command's output you posted taken from the new Switch you added back as replacement of the failed one or what?

I ask that because there are various scenario to properly manage an IRF Member failure and its consequent replacement...apart from that, the irf-port-configuration active CLI command is used to activate the IRF on already configured logical IRF Ports.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner