3354 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NTP problem with a JG963A

ChrisTrasis
Occasional Collector

NTP problem with a JG963A

Hi,

Currently, I'm trying to synchronize our JG963A with our firewall for NTP.

In the config, when I choose " Automatically synchronize the clock with a trusted time source on the network", I can select NTP our SNTP.

I tried the 2 options but the NTP is still unsynchronized.

I don't understand what's I'm doing wrong. Moreover, when I check in the firewall, I don't see the request from our switch.

Could you help or advice me ?

Thank you, I'm lost ...

Kind regards,

Christophe

6 REPLIES 6
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: NTP problem with a JG963A

Well, have you set the timesync to use ntp or sntp (timesync ntp or timesync sntp)?

Generally I apply this configuration (YMMV):

timesync ntp
ntp unicast
ntp server n.n.n.n iburst
ntp server m.m.m.m iburst
ntp enable
time daylight-time-rule western-europe
time timezone 60

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
ChrisTrasis
Occasional Collector

Thanks for your reply !

When I change via the web interface, the change doesn't work.

Is it possible to do it via Telnet ? I can connect to my switch but what are the commands ?

The only things that I type are :

User view commands:                                                                                                       
	display       Display current system information                                                                        
	exit          Alias for 'quit'                                                                                          
	initialize    Delete the startup configuration file and reboot system                                                   
	ipsetup       IP configuration                                                                                          
	no            Alias for 'undo'                                                                                          
	password      Specify password of local user                                                                            
	ping          Ping function                                                                                             
	poe           Power over Ethernet
	quit          Exit from current command view                                                                            
	reboot        Reboot operation                                                                                          
	show          Alias for 'display'                                                                                       
	summary       Display summary information of the device                                                                
	telnet        Establish a telnet connection                                                                             
	transceiver   Enable transceiver phony alarm                                                                            
	undo          Cancel current setting                                                                                    
	upgrade       Upgrade the system boot file or the Boot ROM program                                                      
	xtd-cli-mode  Switch to extended CLI mode to display and execute all commands (special authorization required)                         

Thanks for your help.

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Chris,

You have a 1950 switch and that is a Web GUI managed device.  Your configuration should be fine.  There is one additional thing to check... What time does your clock say?  If it is not set to within about 15 minutes of the real time it will not sync.  The NTP protocol will not make huge changes in the time.  You need to first set the date to the current date and then set the time to the current time.  Once that is done, it would be easiest to restart the 1950 and then see what happens.  It will take a few minutes for the 1950 to reach out to the peer you have set to gather enough informaton to sync.

If you can post a screenshot of your NTP configuration page that would help as well.

Regards,

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
ChrisTrasis
Occasional Collector

Hi David,

I configured as you described but I still have the same issue. Here's a screenshot of my NTP config (nothing special, it's the firewall).

I don't understand ...

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Christophe

2019-08-13_15h40_42.png

тАГ

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Chris,

Can you tell me what code version you have?  My 1950 looks different than yours.

Also, any chance of testing without the auth key to see if that is the issue?

Thanks!

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
ChrisTrasis
Occasional Collector

Hi David,

In the the screenshot, I only put the IP Address, nothing else, the other textbox are empty.

Concerning the code, wich one do you need ? The model is HPE 1950 48G 2SFP+ 2XGT PoE+

Hardware: Ver.C
Boot ROM: 147
Software: 7.1.070 Release 3208P03

Thanks for your help.

Christophe