108848 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ioscan

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike_21
Frequent Advisor

I kind of figured that, just didn't want to admit the Microsoft ways of the old "reboot"... he..he..

We do have a scheduled reboot tomorrow, but will this fix the NO_HW state????? Will the LUN configuration work ok after the reboot. I was under the impression that the FC60 could be configured on the fly and adding disks, creating LUN's could be done without rebooting the system.
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

>We do have a scheduled reboot tomorrow, but >will this fix the NO_HW state?????
Yes, the lun 4 will vanish from the ioscan.

>Will the LUN configuration work ok after the >reboot.
Luns 0 to 3 will show up just fine.

>I was under the impression that the FC60 >could be configured on the fly and adding >disks, creating LUN's could be done without >rebooting the system.
Yes, you can add disks and luns on the fly.. but not exactly/cleanly delete h/w/luns.
There is a perculiar power sequence that must be followed when removing h/w from the fc60, but in most cases everything with a handle can be hotplugged. (just don't fail two disks in the lun at the same time)

A ha array needs a ha os. If your OS didn't support adding replacing and maintaining an ha array, you may as well have used windos as you say!

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)