1753521 Members
5498 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA500 Failure

Markie

MSA500 Failure

Had a power outage last night, brought down storage array gracefully. Booting up today, LCD powers on, drives cycle, then LCD goes dark. Drives seem to cycle through a bit, then it all goes dark. Both power supply LEDs are on and fine. On the front, Power light is on, but the power source light is flashing,at least I think it's the power source light. . .looks like a squiggly line like an AC signal. Reseated drives, controller, moved controller to a different spot, same issue. Any other troubleshooting suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA500 Failure

It looks like the MSA has power but the controller is not working, so the disks do not come online.
As last resort, try opening the controller and reseat the cache modules, but if the controller does not finish POST, then it's time to replace it.
Markie

Re: MSA500 Failure

vcespon: that's what I figured - did re-seat EVERYTHING possible, even batteries on the memory (and tested those too), as well as the two fuses on the board.
So if the LCD is not showing anything after the initial "Compaq LCD ver1.0" and all LED's on the controller are dark, that's the issue? I'm a bit worried that something in the chassis is shorting/shunting something in the controller, or is that too far fetched?