4495 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Secure Path 3.0d

nithia pillay
Advisor

Secure Path 3.0d

Hi

We have HPUX 11.11 with 2 HBA's, using secure path but we need to move the HBA's onto a new switch. If i move one switch at a time. How would i correct secure path to reflect the changes because there would be new device files. Can this be done without downtime on the servers.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: Secure Path 3.0d

Hi,
maybe this release notes of even newer SP 3.0f could give you the routines which can be done online ,with no downtime via the spmgr (the io redirection to 1 HBA only)..
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01403985/c01403985.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
the pain is one part of the reality
Sagar Sirdesai
Trusted Contributor

Hi Nithia

If you are changing just the switch ports .
There is no change in the decie files as the WWLUNID wont change
I asssume they only change if have replace the controllers on the Storage.
Before ypu make any changes.
Please make copies of swsp.conf and hsx.conf
You can also run the command
spmgr display to collect the WWLUNID

And spmgr clean to clean up any files
spmgr add WWLUNID.

Sagart
nithia pillay
Advisor

Hi

Thanks for the reply. What is going to happen is that one of the switches are going to be replaced. This will definetly create new device files. So when you run SPMGR one of the path will not be available anymore. This can be easly solved nby creating map files for all volume groups concerned, exporting the volumes and reimporting them with the map files. I want to try to do this without interrupption to customer enviroment.
Is there any way that i can get secure path to see the new device files as it alternate path.
Sagar Sirdesai
Trusted Contributor

Hi nithia

Secure Path on Solaris had a command spmgr update which used to update the /kernel/swsp.conf file.

Also there was a command spconfig with -o optios which is used create the /swsp.conf file , hsx.conf file.
Please check if these commands are also avalaible in HP-UX.

If yes then once the switches are changed

Run spconfig command which will create all the required files .

Hope this helps

Sagar