108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storageworks 2200

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

The batteries are the untis sitting in the front of the shelf in AA or AB and in BA or BB.

I believe the unit will function properly, but will squalk about the batteries bit charging sufficiently.

I was almost positive there was some soft versions (pdf's) of the docs on the disk. I will take a look at the 8.6 cd i have in a bit.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Yep. looks like the 8.7 CD does not have the docs.

The docs ARE on the 8.6 CD though. If you give me a location I cn ftp them to you, I will zip them up and send. About 20MB uncompressed.

or I can give you a place to download them from, might be better for you. Not sure if the cd image is available online anymore. Might be.

One of the docs you can try to look for is aa-rfa9f.pdf. It has some pictures in it and talks about the M2200 and components. Also, G80MSA01.pdf has some good into too.

I can e-mail the 2 docs, they only 4MB. all the docs are 20mb though. Give me an e-mail address if you can.

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
jetarcza
Occasional Advisor

I looked online for the cd image but could not find it.So if you want to set up a place for me to download that would be great. Here is my E-Mail

jetarcza@msn.com

Thanks

Joe
jetarcza
Occasional Advisor

Steve,

Thanks for the image. I have one more question reguarding the maintance port cable. Do I have to use the HP/Compaq cable or will any DB9 to RJ11 cable do. I cant seem to find one anywhere. Hp doesnt even have it. It seems I cant set the unit up without it

Thanks
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

I suppose that as long as you have the right pin out, you can use any cable. Unfortunately, I do not know the pinout, but it can't be too hard to figure out. There are only 4 pins in use.

Someone here might know it though.

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Pin-out of the maintenance port is attached -
the default speed is 9600bps.
jetarcza
Occasional Advisor

Do you have the pin out for the DB9 side. All the adapters I can find come unwired on the DB9 side

Joe
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It's the "standard" PC pinout which I don't have handy at the moment, sorry.
Ingo Duschl
Frequent Advisor

James C. Kenney

In case you are still looking for a doc, this link will let you download the user manual.
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/techdoc/raidstorage/EK-SE2C8-UA-B01.html

Sincerely,
Jim