1752579 Members
3372 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Password expiration

graphite
Occasional Contributor

Password expiration

I was extremely surprised to see "Your password has expired..." notification upon login.

Such policies do not improve security and in 2019 that is kind of well known. For people using software or hardware password managers with long random passwords it is just a nuisance and unnecessary waste of time, as 48 random characters are not going to be brute-forced. For those memorizing their passwords it is an encouragement to use easily guessable patterns.

Once again, I am very surprised and disappointed to have to waste my time on generating new random password and updating it in my password manager in August 2019. I do hope that HPE will implement modern measures that actually protect user's accounts, like 2FA.

2 REPLIES 2
jhoney
Visitor

me too

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hi Anton,

Sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your feedback. We have noted your concern on password expiration and HPE is currently working on incorporating new technologies that should address these issues. Thank You for your patience.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png