108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Strange Command View Version issues.

BillyBob2010
Occasional Advisor

Strange Command View Version issues.

Hi,
Has anyone seen this behaviour before?
EVA5000 with VCS3.110 being managed by Command View V7.01 without any problems for years, we decided we would evaluate CV9.3 from HPs StorageWorks software demo download page and everything seems fine.

However if we now manage the EVA with the original V7.01 install of CV, we only have one controller visible, everything is green in CV 7.01, but just the one controller is showing.

If we then use CV 9.3 again we have two controllers again? This behaviour continues even if you reboot the controllers and CV server.

Both instances of Command View are on different physical servers, I have check the zoning just in case and it is fine.
HBA Anywhere on both CV servers can see one port on each controller via both HBAтАЩs a total of four as expected.

TIA
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Strange Command View Version issues.

From what I have heard, CV-9 reformats the controller's meta-data area so it becomes incompatible with older versions.

I've not heard that there is a way for the customer to downgrade the data.
Maybe HP can do it - maybe not.
BillyBob2010
Occasional Advisor

I guess the only easy way back to 7.01 is to reinitialize then?

Changing the meta data on my controller so I cannot use a previous version is a little naughty on evaluation software, what if I chose not to proceed after evaluating it. I don't remember seeing any warnings on screen or in the release notes either.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I was talking about the controller module's NVRAM, not the EVA MLD. From what I have heard, a re-initialization of the MLD will not help, sorry.