1751721 Members
6083 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't update profile from template

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Can't update profile from template

I just uploaded a new firmware bundle and edited a DL380-Gen8 template to make this the new firmware baseline.  As expected all of the servers with that profile applied generated error "The server profile is inconsistent with its server profile template".  However, powering off the server then selecting 'Update from template' returned error "unable to update - encountered a communication problem with x.x.x.x (Oneview ip address).  Try again".  Is this not the proper way to do this?  If I edit the profile it shows its still pointing to the old firmware baseline.  I can then repoint it to the new one and the server will boot and apply the firmware.  Is this normal?  I thought editing the template automatically updated the profiles created from it.

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Can't update profile from template

The process you are following is correct. However, the error you mention:

unable to update - encountered a communication problem with x.x.x.x (Oneview ip address)

Should be the IP Adress or hostname of the target server name or iLO address, not the appliance. Can you please confirm this? Also, can you tell me what iLO firmware you have installed is?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

The ip address is the appliance.  ILO fw version is 2.40.   

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Any new info?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Based on what you provided, it looks like you may be running into this Customer Advisory.  Please review the steps contained within it.  If needed, please contact HPE Support for further guidance.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo