HPE OneView
1753758 Members
4974 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

How often does OneView poll the monitored server hardware (iLO)?

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

How often does OneView poll the monitored server hardware (iLO)?

How often does OneView check to see if an iLO is still up (on the network)?  I read somewhere in another post that OneView does a Refresh every 20 minutes, but I am assuming that is different from polling a device to see if it is up/down.  Specically, I am refering to the "server-hardware.mp.ILOUnreachable" alerts that are generated whenever an iLO is not talking on the network.

Thanks

NK

3 REPLIES 3
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: How often does OneView poll the monitored server hardware (iLO)?

Hello .

Oneview poll the server hardware in every 20 min.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
berndghp
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to modify the polling interval for the detection of a server alert when a hardware error occurs?

In oneview version 8.70 it takes about 20 minutes before the alert is visible and the notification is sent by mail.

Similarly, after an error has been rectified, for example power restore on a power supply unit, it takes 20 minutes before the notification is sent with status ok.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @berndghp,

Thank you for writing to us!

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo