3996 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Oneview 9.0 SCOM Intergration problems

jimbeam_8220
Occasional Visitor

HP Oneview 9.0 SCOM Intergration problems

Hi,

I've imported HP OneView MP (HPE OneView for Microsoft System Center 9.0 ZIP - December 2017 ) in our SCOM enviroment. After this I'm getting an error in the application log every time I launch Operation Console from my Windows 10 1709 machine.

The error is eventID 0, Application Error:

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. : System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DeclaredAssemblyLoader.LoadModuleCatalogFromAssembly(IModuleCatalog bootstrapperCatalog, ModuleCatalog catalog, Assembly assembly)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DeclaredAssemblyLoader.CreateModuleCatalog(IEnumerable`1 assemblies)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DeclaredAssemblyLoader.LoadInternal(IEnumerable`1 assemblies)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DeclaredAssemblyLoader.Load(DeclaredAssembly assembly)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Components.ComponentRegistry.<>c__DisplayClass3e.<GetAssemblies>b__3c(DeclaredAssembly declaredAssembly)
   at System.Reactive.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass413`2.<>c__DisplayClass415.<Select>b__412(TSource x)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Operations Console launches fine and doesn't show any warnings, but all Tasks i task pane is missing. The only things showing in the task pane is Alert Actions and Subscriptions. The same thing is also happening on my colleauges computer, also running Windows 10 1709.

When launched from our Management server running Windows 2008 R2 everything is working fine!

I've found a similiar case over at Technet regarding this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cca3b363-3a46-4317-92d3-80fef66fd48d/tasks-missing-scom-console-2016?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

Any ideas?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I passed your question off to our developer team and they are asking you open a support case if you haven't already.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Demch
Occasional Collector

We are seeing the same issue, it breaks dashboard functionality!!!

BenjieE
Occasional Advisor

I also have the same problem, it breaks Dashboard functionality for everything on SCOM, so our monitoring team cannot see any dashboard views anymore for all of our MP's (Exchange, AD, SQL etc). Only way to fix it is to uninstall the MP.

The management pack also refuses to connect to the HP OneView Appliance as well and throws up a access error even though the credentials, name/ip etc is correct.

Never had either of the above two problems with version 3 of the Appliance and version 8 of the MP.

Thanks
Ben

Joerg_Luebkert
Frequent Visitor

same problem here!

regards,

Joerg

dsshp
Occasional Advisor

Hi

For mine infrastructure (SCOM and console on version 1801) helps install HPE OneView SCOM integration kit 4.0 (only part "HPE OneView SCOM Management Pack") on server / workstation with SCOM console and reboot that server / workstation.

After reboot works fine.

Amigo

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

This is a known problem and will be fixed in our next release.

The issue is basically due to some custom dashboard elements in the management pack that are not available when you run the SCOM console on a system (e.g. laptop) that does not have the HPE OneView Management Pack installed.

The workaround, as mentioned above, is to load the MP onto your laptop. The other option is to do somethign like a Remote Desktop session into a SCOM managemnt server that has the MP installed.

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
VMorrison101

Is there an updated management pack for this?  We are running into the same issue and nothing we've tried corrects the issue.

Tasks break

Network summary dashboard breaks