New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView backup error

SOLVED
Go to solution
thomaspunktelf
Advisor

OneView backup error

Hi,

backup was running fine for a longer time but since the update of my appliances to version 4.00.07.02-0334467 the scheduled backup is no longer working. I try to create a backup manually but it fails with error message
"The backup did not complete.
Resolution: Retry the backup. If the backup fails again, restart the appliance, and then retry the backup."

The restart did not solve the problem, also update to 4.00.09 didn`t help.

I try to create a backup with the POSH cmdlet but it fails with "New-HPOVBackup : Exception calling "GetResponse" with "0" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.""

Any idea how to solve that issue?

thanks in advance
Thomas

8 REPLIES 8
John Bigg
Esteemed Contributor

You are probably going to need to contact support here. Someone needs to look at a support dump to determine why the backup fails.

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Had the same problem a few days ago. I then opened a support case at HPE. Using ssh session as root on the OneView (authorization code required), various files were deleted. Before deleting the files my backup was 7GB large, after deleting by the support still 160MB.

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

hi

* if oneview runs from local data store  ,  move it to storage out side of the local server  datastore  if you can ...

* check if the data store is  - thick provision lazy zeroed -

thomaspunktelf
Advisor

Hi MeFromil                     

backup configuration is pointing to a remote location, but it failes during creation, not while downloading.
Same result when I try to get the backup from remote via POSH.

regards

Tom

thomaspunktelf
Advisor

Hi MarioE,

That`s true, the size of the backup was growing continously, what files have been deleted?

regards

Tom

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Hi Tom

Due to the support (I can not log on to "MY" appliance with the user root) all files were deleted in the following folder:

/ci/data/sarm/collection/holding
  /ci/data/sarm/collection/results
  /ci/data/sarm/collection/temp

Current size of the backup: 3.1GB
4 weeks ago, after deleting the files, the backup was still 160MB.

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

hi 

never mind where is the backup path to the creation is local on the OV 

if the ov is on  THE HOST LOCAL DATA STORE and you have storage service so try to move the ov there .

and check if the data store is  - thick provision lazy zero 

thomaspunktelf
Advisor
Solution

Hi,
the resolution is like MarioE described, to clean up the mentioned folders.
HPE Support is needed for this because there`s a second factory authentication to the service console with an authentication code provided by HPE Support. Backup is running well now.
Many thanks to all for your help!

regards

Tom