2577 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion

IP Failover / Manual Fallback?

Thomas_Strebel
Occasional Contributor

IP Failover / Manual Fallback?

Hi @ All
I have the following problem with a host in a cluster.
After a critical error the Omnistack did a Storage IP failover to another OVC, after we fixed the host and restarted it the IP wont switch back to the original OVC. No matter what I tried.
Also the Host now shows up as "Faulty" in the federation.

Is there any way to initate a fallback manually?

The only othe solutions I can think of would be to shutdown all Hosts in the Cluster to get back to a clean state or remove the faulty host from the federation and do a factory reset (although I don't think this will fix the IP Issue).

BR,
Thomas

2 REPLIES 2
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: IP Failover / Manual Fallback?

Hi Thomas

Thank you for coming to HPE Community forums

I would suggest getting in touch with HPE Simplivity technical support will be a better option, As it is necessary to check in the logs why the IP failover was unsuccessful

There is no option to trigger a manual failover.

Regards
Mahesh202

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: IP Failover / Manual Fallback?

Hello @Thomas_Strebel 

I wouldn't remove the host from federation or shutdown all hosts in cluster. Contact support team to determine why the OVC is not coming back to a running state. If the OmniStack controller is in a Faulty status it won't reclaim its storage IP. 

Hope it helps.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo