1752843 Members
3479 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding new device and initial configurations to get statistics.

rajashankar
Occasional Contributor

Adding new device and initial configurations to get statistics.

I am able to add new device giving IP, Mask  and  login type SSH  with ssh settings configured with username and password.

The device status is normal.!   but i dont see the CPU utilization  Top-N and memory utilization Top-N   data in home page dashboard .   

Can anyone help where the necessary changes should be done to get CPU and memory utilization for Desktop VM..?

Is there any documents avaliable to add devices properly to IMC and get the statistics.?  Or any steps i have to follow to get it coreectly going.?

2 REPLIES 2
TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor

Re: Adding new device and initial configurations to get statistics.

As far as I know performance data is collected using SNMP polling. Check that the SNMP community on the switch is the same as in IMC.

Vince00
Occasional Advisor

Re: Adding new device and initial configurations to get statistics.

SSH is for connectivity to the device, in order to see values like CPU, memory, and statistics on interfaces you have to correctly configure the SNMP values as well.

I would start with something simple using SNMPv2 first and then move up to a full SNMPv3 template when you are comfortable.

If you are unsure of the commands check out the following :  Resource / Batch Operation / Device configuration guide (near the bottom), then under Add Operation go to Device access and pick your SNMP values to deploy.

Since you have it added with SSH it will be able to modify the config adding the appropriate SNMP settings to the device and you can get a snap shot of the commands used so you can do so yourself on other devices prior to adding to IMC.