108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RX2620 SCSI cable layout

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Berryman
Occasional Advisor

RX2620 SCSI cable layout

I have an RX2620 with a Smart Array 6400 installed. Currently, the 6400 is cabled to the disk cage at the front of the unit. However, I would prefer to use the external connectors of the 6400 to plug in some disk towers and use the internal, built-in SCSI controller for the drives in the disk cage. According to the 2620 docs I have, the connectors for the internal controller are located in the back, underneath the ILO management card. Is there some other connector I have missed? Otherwise, how is the SCSI cable normally run to connect the disk cage to the internal controller. I would prefer not to guess and run the risk of pinching a cable, or blocking airflow, or some other undesired consequence.
4 REPLIES 4
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: RX2620 SCSI cable layout

Mark Berryman
Occasional Advisor

I did not, since I thought it only showed how to cable the Smart Array card, not the old cabling. However, it does show enough to answer my question. Thank you. Now I just have to locate the appropriate cables.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Is this a sa6402 or sa6404?

Keep in mind - the lower 2 disks are sharing a bus, the upper has an own bus.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Mark Berryman
Occasional Advisor

It is an sa6402.

I am aware of the bus split. That is why I want to get both internal connectors up to the front of the unit.