Netservers
1755091 Members
4541 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LXr boot problem beep error

Eric_301

LXr boot problem beep error

I just acquired 5 LXr Pro 6/200 machines. I am in the process of setting these up as backup storage boxes for our business but have a headache of a problem. When the system is booted it goes through the normal memory test just fine then starts to initialize the SCSI controller as this starts the system starts a extremely high pitch sound for approx 1.5 sec then repeats every 3 seconds. the noise is so high after 5 minutes of this I have a splitting headache from it. No where on Hp's site can I find anything remotely like this.
3 REPLIES 3
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: LXr boot problem beep error

Eric,

You have a netraid card installed with a hard drive marked as failed. The Netraid card has an alarm which sounds and politely lets you know you have a drive failed. Boot to Ctrl-M and go to objects and then adapter and choose disable alarm, then go to objects and physical drives to identify your failed hdd. Check for any physical or other errors and if it is responding and shows capacity. If it shows some errors or has 0 capacity, replace the hdd, otherwise attempt a rebuild and then re-enable the alarm.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Eric,

If you need to leave your system up and in production, you can install netraid assist to silence the alarm and verify hdd properties and attempt a rebuild from inside the OS.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=15688&taskId=135&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=62471&submit.y=0&submit.x=0тМй=en&cc=us

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
e4services
Honored Contributor

Eric, that is right. I would guess the original drives have been remove, but the configuration (ctrl-M) was not "Cleared" before removing the disks, so the controller still is looking for the original drives.
Hot Swap Hard Drives