New Discussion юеВ

Attn all : same problem over and over again

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Attn all : same problem over and over again

Hi guys and gals.
I have seen this over and over again and i want to shake some of the people awake again.
How is it possible, that there are pople posting 125 ! problems and assign points to SEVEN ?!
I think, this is not a fair deal to the people, who invest time and brains into this.
Do we have to go the way to check first, who assigns points on a regular base and who not and then think about helping ?
I will not go this way, but perhaps some people now wake up.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
38 REPLIES 38
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Re: Attn all : same problem over and over again

Time to name and shame them. Go for it - list some of the baddies...I would like to see who they are.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

An often debated question with no real answer. Occasional reminders like this may help some but there are many who just get their answer and run - unfortunately. The effort expended to help just has to be reward enough some times.

Pete

Pete
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the same problem again and again and again.

That's the life...

Not is a easy question to solve, we must to learn to live with this folks...:-(

Regards,

Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word
PIYUSH D. PATEL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

A WARNING SHOULD BE DISPLAYED WHEN THE USER WHO HAS POSTED THE QUESTION OPENS THE THREAD TO SEE THE ANSWERS.

" PLEASE ASSIGN APPROPRIATE POINTS FOR THE ANSWERS GIVEN "

CAN HP DO THIS ???

PIYUSH
Stefan Saliba
Trusted Contributor

I agree fully with what you say. I must say that in my profile one can see that I did not give points to all the people. I really wish to fix this. In the early days one had to assign points one by one which made it very slow. With the new enhancment one can give multiple marks at the same time which is KEWL.

What I suggest is that a percentage appears near the person who posts showing how many questions he assigned points to. If he has a low percenatge then he will not be helped.

Just an idea ,

Good luck

Stefan
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Speaking of name and shame, here's a thought, maybe Procura could post a list of the worst assigners to Dan's "monthly issues" post, similar to his top 100 list that gets posted to Dan's "monthly successes" post!

Pete
Martin Johnson
Honored Contributor

I try to assign point to all my replies. I am 7 for 7 right now.

Marty
Holger Knoppik
Valued Contributor

Hi Alex,

yeah, to say it in the Ignite-UX language: "GO!" I thougt about to change my personal forum quote from "party on!" to something l??ke "Assign points or stay outside!" Sounds a bit like harry d brown jr has: live free or die! Maybe Dan and his crew can develop some tools to kick off those users and make the forums inaccessible for them.

I went a bit around thru the web and had a look at Steven Sim Kok Leongs Search engine for unassigned points in the itrc. Steven: Great stuff!

Surely, it is not easy to get a 100% ratio, but i think it's not the problem to take a little time to assign some points. It is nice to earn points, but i think the main thing is to sort out which reply was a good solution and which not. Also the forums ettiquette guideline from patrick wallek was really cool.

0 pts here.

RGDS, Holger
Live long and prosper!
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

I gave up on this problem many moons ago.
I used to put in my answers -> If this answer has been of any help, please assign points.

That did not even work.

Some folks just don't want to spend any time giving a few carrots or bunnys to those who have taken the effort to reply to their questions.

Some say thanks with points, some say thanks with points and reply what actually solved their problem.

Some don't do anything but read the answers.

There are givers and takers in this world, fact of life, can't do anything to change them.

It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com