3004 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ignite client problem

omy
Frequent Advisor

ignite client problem

Dear All

i need to add a new client (k class server HPUX 11.00) to ignite Server ( rp3440 server HP UX 11.11)

first i recived error message " PHCO_30150" patch should be installed. after i installed this patch and its dependencies . this error disapear.

second i have tried to have image for client i received another warnings (see attached file)

i appreciate your help
Regards
Omyma
8 REPLIES 8
mohdamir
Frequent Advisor

First you should make sure that your Ignite server and clients is compatible each other. That's mean to have Ignite server and clients installed with same version of Ignite.

Second is to update all patches or pax necessary so that you may not encounter any error in the future when run the Ignite.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

are you sure this is te right log file atatched?

from the date it was created

11/29/06 17:48:30 CAT Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery. (Wed
Nov 29 17:48:30 CAT 2006)

or is the date wrong on your server and client?

have you ignite/ux for 11.0 installed on server, as well as client. Not just on the client

Andy
omy
Frequent Advisor

hi Andrew Rutter ,

yes i am sure this is the log file , the date is november as the client is old server we have in our network , it is not be used for long time so the date is not adjusted .

nowadayes , i need to use it as a test server , so i decide to add it to the ignite server we have in the network .

on the client (k class server) i remove the ignite version then i add the client to server (to be sure the server will push the installation of the same ignite version )
this step is compeleted after the pax patch installation .

regarding the log file , i just ask about the warning message and whay archived stage has all of this warnings .

i appreciate your reply
yours
Omyma
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

WARNINGS:

1. "WARNING: Ignoring unknown "

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5991-7358/ch01s06.html

2. WARNING: statvfs failed. '/cmp_import' in /etc/fstab or /etc/mnttab not found:
No such file or directory (errno = 2)

### /cmp_import is not an OS filesystem

Take Ignite backup via

# /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -Av -x inc_entire=vg00 -x exclude=/cmp_import -x exclude=/cmp_inventory -d "description"

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

"I have assigned points to 0 of 40 responses to my questions.

You have never assigned points to your threads
Please assign points to your thread to get better response. It is just a way of saying Thanks !!

To assign points refer
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
omy
Frequent Advisor

hi Avinash V Rao ,

thanks for your advice , for the client actually its tape is broken , can i use make_net_recovery command with exclude option ?

regarding the "uknown warning" ( i have read the link you sent, it is related to swlist in version 11i , so my question if i have this warning in my log does not impact the ignite image?

regarding assigning points , sorry that i forget to assign.

yours
Omyma
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

ok, your using ignite server to try and push the ignite to the client?

I can see that you have a supported but old version of ignite/ux but have you installed all the bundles? for 11.0 and 11.11. check with swlist.

you will need both not just the 11.11 version for your server. I would also install the 11.00 version on the client as well.

there was quite a few bugs in the release you are using too. See this thread for a few examples and consider trying to get a newer version

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=949046

Andy
omy
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

For ignite server and client, i installed the ignite utilities 11.00 .

here is the output of swlist command

1- server
B5725AA C.6.1.44 HP-UX Installation Utilities (Ignite-UX)
Ignite-UX-11-00 C.6.1.44 HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.00 sytems
Ignite-UX-11-11 C.6.1.44 HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.11 sytems

2- for client
B5725AA C.6.1.44 HP-UX Installation Utilities (Ignite-UX)
Ignite-UX-11-00 B.1.59 HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.00

i had client image by make_net_recovery please find attached log , still have the same warnings .

any recommendations from you to fix these warnings ,will help

Omyma